This past week we had Aunt Christy and Uncle Nick down for Easter. We had so much fun! Aunt Christy brought sock puppets that her and gwen made one afternoon. That was a big hit. We also decorated Easter Eggs together.
We especially had fun:
- Golfing in the 40 degree weather! The whole spring had been beautiful until Christy & Nick stepped off the plane, and then we ended up getting snow! We tried to golf but we were freezing, so Christy & I abandoned the guys after 9 holes and got a pedicure instead : ) We said, "Nick, you're wearing shorts? You're crazy!" and he said "You're going to be sorry that you didn't wear shorts." Instead, we were sorry we didn't wear winter coats!
- When Darcy took her FIRST STEPS!!! Of course, Mommy missed it again. Christy, Gwen and I took a hike at Lake Fayetteville and on the way home Lance called to tell me that Darcy had taken 5 STEPS!!! Yea girl! We were ecstatic! Later that day she took 4 more, and then 4 more again later. Its about time, Darcy!
- When Aunt Christy & Uncle Nick bought Darcy some undies of her very own... Darcy loves to wear underwear on her head, she thinks it is the funniest thing ever (and has since she was tiny). So christy and nick bought her some undies of her own so she could stop stealing Gwen's. One of the pairs had a monkey on it, and Gwen was particularly jealous of this one. As she was brushing her teeth, Gwen said, "Tomorrow, I'm going to wear the monkey undies" and I said "Gwen, those are Darcy's. You can't wear them", to which Gwen replied: "But Mommy, earlier-ago when Darcy was playing with eggs she said (and here Gwen moved to a high pitched, soft, voice, her best Darcy imitation she could muster) ' Tomorrow I don't want to wear my monkey undies on my head, Gwennie, so you can wear them.' OH MY GOSH, I have never laughed so hard : )
No comments:
Post a Comment