Since I've met Lance I've had a few sore knees from running, some neck pain from riding a bike that was too long for me, 3 uncomplicated c-sections and I've probably stubbed my toe a few times.
Lance once stubbed his toe so badly in the middle of the night that he had to go to the hospital.
Lance claims that if you are not getting hurt, you are not trying hard enough. Lance, I speak for all of us when I say "You Are Trying Hard Enough! No one doubts your commitment! You don't have to prove anything to us!"
We just had a fabulous and seemingly INFINITE Christmas break. Today was the kids first day back at school, and since I had a kid home sick almost everyday in December it has been a LONG WHILE since all the kids were in school. We rented a condo in Winter Park with my friend Tamara's family for the winter and we got to go up there two separate times over break.
Anyway, Lance broke a rib on the first run of the first day skiing : ) Two weeks later he is still in a lot of pain but continues to ski because "its nothing that 4 ibuprofen can't fix!"
He gets offended when I say he is accident prone because that implies he is clumsy. He is really not clumsy he just does everything so HARD.
By providing this list of Lance's injuries, I am not implying that he is accident prone. I am simply reporting the facts and letting you come to your own conclusions.
Since I've known Lance he has:
- Sprained his ankle badly multiple times (volleyball & basketball)
- Dislocated his thumb (skiing)
- Separated his shoulder, whatever that means (snowboarding)
- Mountain biked through a weird bug's nest and come home with bites ALL OVER his face (not really an injury but too funny not to include)
- Broken a femur, both tibias and both fibulas and been in a coma for a WEEK (car accident)
- Had his rods and screws from above broken bones taken out, for 10 more weeks of wheelchair/crutches
- Thrown his back out a few times
- Broken his elbow (mountain biking)
- Broken his wrist and hand (mountain biking) resulting in a cast followed by surgery
- Broken a rib (skiing)
And those are only the injuries I remember. Lance, I love you, but could you Go Smaller?
No comments:
Post a Comment