My parents came to visit in September, and my mom made me the most perfect valances for my kitchen and family room. She stayed up until about 3:00 in the morning a few different nights to get them done perfectly. I watched her for about an hour and then got tired and went to bed. Which just proves the saying that I've known to be true for many years: If you want something done right, ask Debby Dillman to do it. She doesn't know the meaning of the phrase "80 for the 20". But man, everything she does is perfect!
I, however, think that "good enough" is ok with me! I've been working on a dress for Darcy for Christmas (I made Gwen and her doll matching dresses when she was in 1st grade, so now I'm trying to do the same for Darcy). I actually have been trying very hard to follow the directions (all of them! not just the ones I think are important!) and so far they are looking pretty good. But the dresses aren't quite done, so they are overshadowed by my first COMPLETED sewing project of the year - a liner for my new bike basket!
I tried to capture it in its best light, because there are plenty of flaws, believe me! It is a little (ok, lot) crooked, the underside has lots of bunched up thread clumps, and the inside and outside are not exactly the same shape. However, it took me 2 days and it is DONE, so voila!
I have to admit, I still miss the kids but it has been really fun for me to explore a few hobbies and check some things off of my "to do" list.
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment