Tuesday, September 18, 2007

As If Life Isn't Crazy Enough...

The number of times Laura will go skiing her very first winter in Colorado = ZERO!

Lance and I are finally sharing the news that we are pregnant with #3!! I am about 10 weeks right now, which puts my due date at around April 16, 08.

This has been by far my worst pregnancy as far as feeling sick and being emotional. Of course, perhaps moving to a new town and living in a 1 bedroom apartment also contribute to the emotions : ) To put it mildly, I have been a disaster. And of course, it is all Granby's fault - I wouldn't have been sick at all if we had just stayed in Fayetteville or moved back to Cincinnati ; ) Lance suggested at one point that if this pregnancy didn't work out, he would fly me to the Caribbean for weeks 6 - 10 of my next one. And I would have taken him up on that, believe me. But the good news is, after about 3 weeks of laying on the couch in the fetal position, gagging whenever lance opened the fridge, the worst is over!

I had an ultrasound last week and everything looks good! We are debating whether to find out the sex of this one. Such a big decision and Lance and I don't agree at all! I want to wait and be surprised, but Lance really wants to know if he can break out the blue. I thought my iron-clad argument of "I'm carrying the baby and by the way, they will cut me wide open to pull it out" was the final word, but even my mom agreed that it might be best for lance to know. Ugh! The voice of reason! So the debate continues.

One final reassurance for those of you thinking "Great, all this world needs is another FitzSimmons running around! Are these 2 ever going to stop reproducing?" The answer is YES! If God is on my side, I am done after #3. (if, in fact, God is not on my side, remind me to delete this post before FitzSimmons #4 can read!).

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Emily and I are very excited to hear the news. Keep up the blogging, it is nice to hear what is going on with you guys and your growing family even though you are a few time zones away. --- Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.....I am Carrie Jamison's mom. She sent me your blog because she thought I would enjoy reading. You made me laugh and cry. I just moved to Denver from a small town in southeast Colorado. I am making many changes,first time in 31 years I have no children, trying to find job in big city, and navigating the city. But I love it! It is great you are taking class, you must keep your own goals separate from "Mommy". There are many times I miss having little ones around. If you need a friend in Denver please let me know my email is ilaffalot@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am with lance on the finding out. after all, if it is a boy,you will have to dress him in gwen and darcy's leftover pink clothes until someone runs out to buy some blue outfits, which probably won't be you after just having had a baby and with two little ones at home. plus it makes the name decision easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Laura and Lance! I'm very happy for you! (And, I love the red hair!)

    ReplyDelete