Having a baby this 3rd time around has been quite an adventure, I must say. Luckily for us, all the important things went right, but there are several things that happened to us that I hope don't happen to you when you have your 3rd. For example:
1) I hope you don't have to deliver at a hospital that is 2 hours away.
2) I hope you don't get a call from your mother-in-law 1/2 hour before you are supposed to leave for the hospital to say that "the pass" (i.e. the only road that leads to Denver) is closed for AVALANCHE BLASTING! I mean, seriously, does this happen to normal people?? I told Lance, "They are cutting me open and pulling a baby out TODAY, so the pass had better open back up!". Luckily for us, 5 minutes before we were supposed to leave we heard on the news that it was now open, so we were safe.
3) I hope you don't get a call from your MIL while in the hospital to say that your 4 year old has bitten your 2 year old : )
4) I hope you don't wake up the morning you are supposed to leave the hospital to hear that Winter Park reported 41" of snow for the week and the pass is closed, so you have to stay an extra day (which ended up being a blessing b/c of the next point)
5) I hope you don't get a call the morning you actually leave the hospital to say that your 2 year old has Pink Eye in both eyes, so you need to take her to the doctor on your way home from the hospital (Pink Eye status has now been elevated to Gwen as well, as of this morning)
Yep, it has been quite hectic around here. Luckily for me, Lance has been GREAT and is totally on a mission - cooking breakfast, taking care of the girls, cleaning, laundry, etc. It has been hard b/c we have to keep the girls away from Beckett, so we have to tag team everything, but so far so good. Anyway, this is a long post, but its my blog, so I can do what I want. And now for the pictures....
Here is Beckett on his 2nd day. So far we know he has Gwen's eyes, Darcy's nose and Lance's ears. And Gwen has my eyes, so I guess that means he technically has my eyes as well.

Mom and Dad right after the surgery. Love that Cover Girl Outlast Lipstick!

The girls were supposed to come visit on Weds, but we ended up getting a ton of snow, so I didn't think they were going to be able to make it. Little did I know, Lance's mom called him to say she was still going to come. So I was missing my babies all day and all the sudden a little girl walked in my room! It didn't register at first and I thought some dad was going to come in any second to get her, and then I realized, it was DARCY! I was so excited!!! I had made "Big Sister" shirts for the girls and a "Little Brother" onsie for Beckett, so they got to wear them. Here is the whole fam. Look at Beckett's face - he is like "what have I gotten myself into?"

The hospital brings a cupcake for older siblings so you can have a birthday party for the baby. It was so cute!

Beckett bought the girls some summer hats and sunglasses. Here is Gwen in her new stuff, happy as can be. Gwen's reaction to the baby? Complete mother hen. She fusses over him (and me) all day. One day she kept running in to tell me, "Beckett needs a pacifier; Beckett doesn't like that one, he needs a different one; Beckett needs a hat; Beckett's feet are cold, he needs a hat". Finally, I decided I better check on him if he was that fussy. I went in there and he was sound asleep, with all of these various items surrounding him. It was so funny. She holds out her arms and says "My arms are ready to hold a baby" about 20 times a day.

Darcy is convinced that we have adopted her cousin Lilly. She is always like "What is new baby Lilly doing? New baby Lilly is hungry? New baby Lilly...". We keep trying to make her understand that this is a different baby, but no go. Darcy got to hold Beckett in the hospital. She put her face right in his and asked "You wanna play with me now baby?". It was so cute.

Aside from doting on the baby, Gwen is also quite clingy with me.. It is hilarious. Whenever I stand up, she rushes over to help me, she tells me she loves me 3,000 times a day, she sits there with her head in my lap, and she likes to feed me my ibuprofen and then hold the water cup for me. We finally had to get a picture. Gwen is SOOO mushy with all of us - she slept on our floor the other night and we heard her say in her sleep "I love you. I like everyone I know". Too cute.
Beckett is too cute... Your post makes me want to have another baby!
ReplyDeleteWe can't wait to see more pictures of that cutie pie.
Too cute! I am so glad that you finally posted some pictures since I was checking your blog about 5 times a day to get a look at the little cutie ;) Not sure what took you so long since it doesn't sound like you've been busy at all ... just kidding, you guys are superwoman and superman. Randall and I are so happy for you! Love, Antje
ReplyDeleteOhh I love the pics! Beckett is a perfect little boy. I love reading your stories... pls keep them coming! :-)
ReplyDeleteHello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
ReplyDeleteLaura and Lance-- Congratulations! Beckett is adorable and these photos are so great because everyone looks so HAPPY that he is here! What an adorable fivesome you all are! Best wishes, Tara
ReplyDelete