This will be a quick one...
My mom just left after helping for a week (and it was so nice - more on that later), and Lance is out of town on a biking trip for a long weekend, so I am officially on my own with the 3 kiddos. We've been dealing with a lot of sickness in our house, but thought we were on the mend. Yesterday, Darcy was acting lethargic all day and was running a 102 fever. Great. She hardly ate or drank anything all day and was such a pathetic little sweetheart. So that was strike 1. Then this morning, Gwen's eyes were stuck shut again, meaning the pink eye is back. Strike 2. Then, poor Darcy woke up at 10:00 and was as pathetic as ever. Gwen and I tried to give her a cookie for breakfast and she wouldn't even eat it - and Darcy LOVES sweets. So I finally got her to eat a banana and drink some apple juice, then we go into my room to get her dressed and she starts puking. I run to put Beckett down in the other room so I could help Darcy. Meanwhile, she has decided to walk around the room while continuing to puke, so there is vomit all over my carpet. Strike 3 and I am almost at my wits-end! Now I am terrified that Beckett is going to get pink eye or the flu or both, so my morning has been spent running back and forth between Gwen in the basement, Beckett in the nursery on the main floor, and Darcy in her room upstairs (and steam cleaning my carpets). I called Lance and told him to start planning his exit strategy in case I get the flu (he didn't drive there, so he is at the mercy of the other guys).
I know that some people have much more serious things to deal with than this, so I hope I don't sound too ungrateful. However, you can add this to the list of things that I hope don't happen to you when you have your 3rd! (On second thought, if you are thinking about 3, maybe you should reconsider!!!).
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment