Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!


Happy Dad's Day to all you fathers out there! I managed to find one picture with Lance, my Dad and Dave (Lance's dad). We are so lucky to have wonderful dads in our lives! My mom and dad are coming to visit in July and I can't wait to take my dad golfing and for an early morning hike - we have lots of special memories taking jogs, walks, snowshoes, hikes, etc.

As for Lance, I think he had a good day. He was livin' his Colorado dream this weekend by completing the 1st of the Boulder Triathlon Series. This one was a sprint (such an ironic word considering he swam 1/2 mile, biked 20 miles and ran 3 miles!). He did great and was feeling good afterwards. The next one is an Olympic Distance and then the series ends with a 1/2 Iron Man in August. Ugh. After his race we hung out in heaven, I mean Boulder, for the day.

I also did some running this weekend - I ran a 5K on Saturday. Not bad for only being able to run for 3 weeks, if I do say so myself. True, I could have probably walked faster, but I was still proud! I was completely embarrassed b/c I can't fit into most of my running clothes, so I crammed myself into spandex pants and a lycra shirt. I didn't realize spandex could be too small, but I almost couldn't get them on! What's more embarrassing then running a race in front of 200 people in too-small-spandex?? Having your full-body-too-small-spandex-clad photo in the newspaper the next day for the whole town to see! I wish they could have put a disclaimer under the photo saying "Laura FitzSimmons just had a baby and realizes she has no business wearing spandex". But alas, they did not ask for my opinion before running the photo : )

No comments:

Post a Comment