Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Almost Forgot..

to include a picture of Darcy's CAKE! Of all things, she decided she wanted a monster cake. I don't know why, but that is what she wanted, so that is what she got.

As usual, I was mad the entire morning of the party thinking the cake was turning out to be a disaster. Its amazing what black gel icing and some Mike N' Ikes can do. I feel like it turned out ok and Darcy was definitely thrilled.

I've long wanted to do "Birthday Interviews" where we ask the kids the same questions every year on their birthday and record the answers. So I asked her later -
Me: Darcy, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Darcy: A monster. And I will dress up like a monster. And I will be scary.
Me: What else would you like to be when you grow up? Like for your job?
Darcy: A dinosaur. And I will say ROOOOAAAARRRRRR!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura! impressive birthday cake! and good to hear darcy's progress in so many areas!!! - i just read a bunch to catch up. thanks for your comment on our blog about the bunco for babies! you are the first (hopefully not only:) one to volunteer! email me at hlandes@woh.rr.com and let me know how your group responds! thanks so much!!!!! i will get my mom involved on the shipping stuff, that is her area... but we will figure it out.

    ReplyDelete