Did we donate it to kids in need? NO!
Did we turn it into the dentist in exchange for a toy? NO!
Did the "halloween fairy" come and collect it for money? NO!
Did we send it to the troops? NO!
WE ATE IT, LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE USED TO DO!
Gwen, true to form, quickly collected and organized her candy. Here she is with all her loot:

And here she is, 100 ziplock bags later, with her candy organized by type : )

Here is our candy rule, for anyone who cares (I always like to hear what other moms are doing so I can get ideas!): Gwen was told that since she is responsible and I know I can trust her, she can keep her candy in her room. She is allowed to have 3 pieces per day, without asking, and I don't really want to know about it or see it. That way, I don't ruin Halloween by always telling her she can't have candy, she does not drive me insane with all the asking, and I don't have to think about all the sugar she is consuming. It would make me crazy if I thought about it! Also, the other rule is that she may not ask for anything else sweet unless she wants to give up her candy for that day. So no cookies, no chocolate milk, etc. It has been working pretty well!
No comments:
Post a Comment