Saturday, November 20, 2010

Beckett at 2 and 1/2


Just a few quick Beckett stories to capture our little man's personality at 2.5:
* Beckett has started pretending all the time. The other day I heard him playing with his Halloween candy and all the pieces had different voices. It was so funny!
* Also on the topic of Halloween candy - yesterday we were going to a Thanksgiving-dessert-bake-off at a neighbors (which I won, thank you very much), so I told the kids no candy all day. Beckett walks up with a piece of candy and says "I'm just pretending to open this candy." I said "Ok". Then a little later I see him sticking his finger through the hole in the wrapper he has created and then lick his finger. He sees me watching him and says "I'm just pretending to eat this candy." I said "Really Beckett? You're not REALLY eating the candy?" and he responds, "No, I'm not really eating it, I'm just pretending". Pretty soon, I see him throw his wrapper away with chocolate all over his face. He said "I just pretended to eat that candy Mom". It was one of those situations where I didn't even reprimand him - I figured he was pretty smart to come up with that, so I just went along with it : )
* Beckett is a joy from the time he wakes up to the time he goes to bed (for the most part). He wakes up bright and early at about 5:30, comes into our room and announces "I had a great sleep!!!". He basically continues like that all day, "Vitamins! Wow!", "Oatmeal - I LOVE oatmeal!", "School? Yea! I get to go to school today!", etc.
* He has started using words like "enormous" and "actually" (ak-ee-ee)
* He is counting really well
* He basically thinks outloud all day which cracks us up. He is constantly commentating on what he is doing, what he is thinking about, what we just did and what we will do next...

Beckett, if I could have another YOU, I would have a 4th kid in a heartbeat. You are so much fun and you really complete our family. I feel like the luckiest mom ever to have the joy of experiencing a little boy in addition to my little girls. What a whole new, wonderful, joyful experience! I can't to watch you grow, but please, take your time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment