Darcy has been missing 3 of her front 4 teeth for about 1.5 years now.
Beckett looked at her today and said, out of the blue:
"I like your missing teeth, Darcy" in the nicest, most sincere voice.
Darcy exclaimed, "Mommy! Beckett just gave me a compliment! Thank you, Beckett!" and she was so excited to have recognized it. Then she looked at Beckett and said "I like your... teeth, Beckett", to which he replied "Thank you, Darcy".
And that was it. Nothing that stands out too much - but I am just so appreciative that the kids are starting to get along, Darcy is starting to recognize and respond appropriately to things like compliments, and they can just sit at the table and have such a cute little exchange. They are such buddies. I just love it.
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment