Darcy is my quiet girl in the mornings, when she is not screaming. When Gwen is in the car, she talks nonstop the entire time and doesn't let her brother or sister get a word in. So when I am taking Darcy to school after we've dropped Gwen and Beckett off, I really try to get her talking.
Me: Darcy, that was fun dropping Gwennie and Beckett off, wasn't it? (No response) You are so lucky to have a sister and a brother to be your best friends. (No response) You are the luckiest one because you have a big sister and a little brother. (etc. etc. etc. with more random rambling)
Darcy: Yeah, but mom?
Me: Yes, sweetie? (Ah ha, I got her! She is going to ask me some question about being in the middle, or having a big sister, or being a big sister, and we'll chit chat all the way to preschool!)
Darcy: Stop talking please.
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment