Friday, April 13, 2012

Consumed

Remember back before you had kids, when you thought you were busy?  And then you had your first child, and you realized that you had nothing but free time before having kids?  Well, the only good thing I can say about my schedule right now is that it can only get better.
I thought things were hectic with one kid.
Then I had Darcy and one kid sounded like a breeze.
Then Beckett came along and suddenly there was no such thing as "alone time".
Then I started a business that I thought would be small but holy crap.
When Lance went out of town I would feel very sorry for myself, taking care of three kids, running a business, etc.

THEN we started Brain Highways.  The only word I can use to describe it is CONSUMED.  Every morning we get the kids up at 6:10 so we can do some of our patterning, creeping and crawling before school.  This means, in order to work out, Lance and I alternate days and wake up at 4:45 so we can be ready by the 6:10 wake up call.  Then everyday after school there is more patterning, more creeping and more crawling.  I swear every time my sister calls me I am harassing my kids to "take another lap"!  We have been going strong for about 20 weeks now and the kids have only missed a day when they've been throwing up or had pneumonia (Beckett).  They are truly being champions and we are very proud of them (and of ourselves), but it has brought a whole new level of stress to our lives.  In fact, I normally cherish each school year but this one has been the pits and I won't be sad to let it go.  We are hoping to do our best over the summer and get Gwen and perhaps Beckett done.  Darcy will be another story...

I just keep thinking, "Well, once Brain Highways is over I won't be able to believe how much free time I have!"

No comments:

Post a Comment