Yesterday Darcy and I were having an epic battle of the wills over creeping and crawling. I knew if I lost the battle, I was losing the whole summer/war. I stayed very calm and told her the consequences for not participating and why it was in her best interest to get started with the other kids....
I hear Darcy whispering to Beckett. I have no idea what they are talking about. Darcy finishes whispering, looks over at me and says:
"We decided that we're getting rid of you, by a garage sale."
Me: You're getting rid of me?
Darcy: Yes, go outside. We're selling you at a garage sale and its today.
Me: Who is going to buy me?
Darcy, getting a sneaky smile on her face: Strangers!
(she says this in a whisper because everyone knows that strangers are terrifying, and it is giving her pleasure to make me sweat at the prospect of being purchased by "strangers")
Darcy: Now go outside and stand on the driveway! Now!
For the record, I asked Beckett if he wanted to sell me too and he replied "NO!!". So at least one of my kids likes me. I don't think Gwen wants to sell me either, at least not yet : )
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment