Monday, October 29, 2012

The Undecided Voters

SNL did a hilarious skit on the undecided voter... my kids have been quite fickle in their opinions too over the past few weeks!  To caveat this story, I do not even vote based on taxes, but Gwen has a ton of questions about Republicans vs. Democrats and I've done my best to explain the differences in tax policy, social policy and military "stuff" to her.  
(and for the record I have never called us Middle People) 

So the other day we are driving in the car, and the kids are constantly noticing and counting the political signs around our neighborhood.  Darcy and Beckett start chanting "Mitt Romney! Mitt Romney! Mitt Romney!"  over and over again.  Gwen gets this look on her face and turns around to face them...


"Mitt Romney wants rich people to pay less taxes and Middle People like us to pay more taxes!  Do you know what that means?  You won't get as many Christmas or Birthday presents!!!"  

There is a long pause.  And then the chanting starts up again (I swear, in unison... I don't know how)


"O-bama! O-bama! O-bama!"



No comments:

Post a Comment