He had a diva moment in the morning before school... He gets LOTS of hand me down clothes from my well-dressed neighbor so I hardly had to buy him anything for school this year. I had a nice polo shirt and khaki shorts laid out for him to wear, but he INSISTED on wearing these blue jeans that I got him because they were literally the ONLY new things I bought him for school this fall. So he roasted in 93 degree weather, through 3 recesses, just so he could wear these "super cool pants".
I don't think I've mentioned this before, but we ended up having Darcy repeat kindergarten last year. So after two long years, she finally started 1st grade and she was SOOO excited! She is not a morning person at all, but she hopped out of bed and got herself all dressed and ready. She was most excited about her Hello Kitty dress and her new silver shoes. She gave 1st grade a "Double Thumbs Up" (with both index fingers) when she got home!
I don't think I've mentioned this before, but we ended up having Darcy repeat kindergarten last year. So after two long years, she finally started 1st grade and she was SOOO excited! She is not a morning person at all, but she hopped out of bed and got herself all dressed and ready. She was most excited about her Hello Kitty dress and her new silver shoes. She gave 1st grade a "Double Thumbs Up" (with both index fingers) when she got home!
And Gwen, my original baby, started FOURTH GRADE! She is gigantic, and looking very grown up, and it is very hard to imagine her running out of those same kindergarten doors and into my arms after her first day of kindergarten. I didn't get a great picture of her shoes, but she was most excited to have black, sparkly high tops with bright pink laces and a wedge heel (as if she needs any more height!).
And as for mama, I met my friends at Starbucks for our annual Boo Hoo/Yahoo coffee morning. It was really good to take my mind off things because by about 12:30 I was ready to go pick Beckett up and bring him home with me!
We had a FABULOUS summer - just the right amount of activity, the kids all had friends on the street to play with, not a lot of fighting, etc. It was just about as perfect a summer as we could get. So I was not looking forward to school starting, but unfortunately it is not up to me. I'm just so grateful that they love their school and they get out at 2:30, so I will still have plenty of time to spend with them each day.
And I have made some resolutions, since this is my first year being home full time without kids! More on that to come...
i was so happy to see a post from you on my blog list :) so good to hear that the kids are doing well and excited about school. i can't wait to hear about your resolutions... i am already wondering what in the heck i will do next year when both of my kids are in school ALL day!!! boo hoo. it goes by too fast. xoxo
ReplyDelete