I was hoping for some pictures to post with this, but unfortunately I only took one the whole time, and that was just of our old house, so I am at the mercy of my mom and some friends... SEND PICS!!
Anyway, we had a GREAT trip to Cincinnati! The weather was bad, but that was a good thing b/c it made me grateful for our beautiful sunshine out here. Other than that, I was reminded of how wonderful cinci is - for the food, the family and the friends. We felt like jet-setters on our trip, running from family to family and friend to friend, but that was exactly what we needed. I feel totally refreshed and happy.
Some highlights from the trip:
- The girls saw Santa 3 times before December even hit. Amazingly, Gwen didn't question why there were different Santas, or how Santa could be in 2 towns at once. Darcy gave him her typical blank stare and refused to smile for pictures.
- We ate Skyline 3 times!! And it was delicious. I was pretty impressed with 3 visits to Skyline in 1 week, but Gwen put us to shame when she requested it a FOURTH time on a night that Aunt Christy was babysitting. The girl is a true Cincinnatian. Speaking of food, we also ate Dewey's twice, Bangkok Bistro and Indian. We are in some serious detox right now.
- My mom knitted the girls scarfs while we were there and they totally love them. Gwen thinks she can sew b/c she has these "lacing cards" where you put shoe laces through some holes. She keeps telling me, "Mom, if you want to be a good sewer like Grandma and me, all you have to do is practice on my sewing cards".
- Aunt Christy and Uncle Nick have all the characters from Rudolf (the dentist elf, the abomidable snowman, etc.) and they sing songs. Darcy played all the songs at the same time, continuously, for hours at a time. The only thing that made it bearable was when she danced along and sang "Jingle Bells" and "Holly Jolly Christmas".
More later, this is way too long! : )
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment