Thursday, November 15, 2007

Third Times a Charm...

If I'm being totally honest, pregnancy has lost it's charm the 3rd time around.

I'm at that glorious stage where if I stand sideways, my butt and belly stick out equally far in opposite directions. NICE. Eventually, my stomach gets so big that it dwarfs my butt, giving me the false impression that it must not have gotten any bigger... HA!

I am bitter this week b/c I got my little email from Babycenter.com and it says something along the lines of "You probably feel so beautiful right now! Most women experience a pregnancy "glow", blah, blah, blah". I don't know why they even write that crap - just to make you feel bad if you are not glowing!! And let me be clear - I am not glowing. I'll admit I felt pretty glowy with Darcy, so i am not just being modest when I say that I am FAR, FAR from any sort of glow. I look old, tired and run down. The phrase "worse for the wear" comes to mind when I look in the mirror.

After reading the horrible "GLOW" email, I ran upstairs to complain to Lance. I went through my list of woas, above, and then - without even looking up from what he was doing he gave me the most half-hearted "You're glowing..." that I've ever heard. Even in my bitter state I almost fell on the floor laughing. Poor guy is usually pretty good at cheering me up, but he just didn't have it in him this time around. : )

Anyway, as grateful as I am for all three of my pregnancies, I am equally as relieved to know that this is my LAST one!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment