I saw this candy cane wreath in a magazine and thought it would be a fun activity for Gwen and I to work on together. The problem? Well, first, I couldn't find a rounded wreath, so mine is squared off. This makes it tough to decorate. Problem #2, you need "five hundred million", as Gwen would say, mini candy canes. Did you know that candy canes only come individually wrapped? I bought over 100 mini candy canes and Gwen and I set to work unwrapping. About 1/2 hour later we finally started decorating the wreath. Problem #3 - you need to use hot glue, so Gwen couldn't even help. Instead, she ran around making a mess while I glued them on by myself. Problem #4 - I apparently should not be allowed to use a hot glue gun either, as evidenced by the blister burn on my finger ; )
So finally after the wreath was finished, Gwen says, "Excuse me mommy chickie, but it turns out this wasn't a very fun quiet time." The funniest part about that comment is that the day before I made her do chores around the house to earn money to "buy" a Christmas present for Darcy. After mopping my bathroom floor, she couldn't contain herself and kept exclaiming about how this was the most fun quiet time ever! I should learn my lesson : )
Now, on to the Reindeer Cookies...
Rest assured this looks nothing like the picture in the magazine. I didn't even do the sides!
No comments:
Post a Comment