Friday, December 28, 2007

BOY BOY BOY BOY BOY BOY BOY

That's right, FitzSimmons Baby #3 is a BOY!

I must admit, we opened the envelope before Christmas - the pressure was too much for us! Here is how we did it:

I had the most precious boy song picked out and I wanted to somehow play it for lance. It is called Godspeed (Sweet Dreams) by the Dixie Chics. If you have not heard it (and especially if you have a little boy) you need to check it out! It is so sweet. Anyway, I looked at the ultrasound results in private, and then (when I finished screaming in silence) I went into our room and put the Godspeed song into our CD player. I told Lance I had a girl song and a boy song picked out, and he just needed to press play to find out which one we were having. Then I hid in the bathroom, b/c there was NO WAY that lance wouldn't be able to read it in my grin, and I let him listen to the song alone. Of course, there is a long instrumental at first, so he was freaking out, but then it said "Pirate sails and lost boys fly" and he started thinking maybe... I kept hearing him say, "This sounds like boy, this sounds like boy"...

Anyway, it was sweet and we are excited. I must admit, three girls would have been fun too and part of me is sad to think that I won't have any more baby girls, but I am also really excited for this new chapter. Little boys are adorable as well and we feel really lucky! Now I know why my body hated me so much this pregnancy!!

Dragon tales and the "water is wide"
Pirate's sail and lost boys fly
Fish bite moonbeams every night
And I love you

Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

4 comments:

  1. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're thrilled for you :) Thanks for sharing the news! I was dying to know! This made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you both! Watch out for the "sprinkler" when you change that first little boy diaper! :) - Patrick & Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Laura and family! So excited for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Baby boy FitzSimmons has a nice ring to it. My family has the same set up-- me, then my sister Sue then my brother James. Sue & I have doted and taunted and loved James so much, and still do. I'm so happy for your growing family!! XO, SKW

    ReplyDelete