Break out the flip-flops, we hit 40 degrees yesterday! It is the first time we've hit the 40s since November. Spring must be coming! I was realizing yesterday as our icicles were melting that we haven't seen the ground since November either. I've never lived in a snowy climate like this, but it really hasn't been bad! For one thing, when the sun shines it seems HOT. And, since the air is so dry, the snow is not dirty and slushy like in Cinci, it is actually white and fluffy and very beautiful. So anyway, spring is called "mud season", which I'm hoping is an ironic reference to the fact that there is no mud, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
On a separate note, yesterday I was doing dishes and for some reason Gwen came up behind me and was hugging my back. Then, I don't know why, she started pushing on my butt with her little fists over and over again. Finally she asked,
"Mommy, do you have ANY bones in your tooshie?"
I was cracking up. I told her she'd have to press a lot harder than that to find them under all the padding!!! I remember my mom saying that when she was pregnant with my sister and was bent over one day, I asked her if she was pregnant in the front AND the back. I'm hoping one day this story will become an endearing tale of my pregnant years, rather than an embarrassing testament to how fat I am!!
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment