I just discovered the husbandly SCAM called "I'll go get the car". Lance and I have a routine that, up until this weekend, I thought was pretty fair. It goes something like this... My belly is gigantic and I have 2 kids. We go someplace and Lance says "I'll drop you off" and I think "Awww, how sweet". He pulls up to wherever we are going, I grab my purse and the diaper bag, I hop out of the car, go to one side, unbuckle Gwen, go to the other side, unbuckle Darcy, Darcy refuses to walk, I pick Darcy up and grab Gwen's hand, Darcy squirms, I have no hips anymore so Darcy starts to fall, I start running while Darcy slips down my leg, Gwen gets distracted and stops walking, I yell at Gwen, Darcy starts crying b/c I have my arm around her neck while the rest of her body dangles at my knee, I think I am going to start having contractions, we arrive wherever we are going, I take off millions of hats, coats and mittens, Lance arrives and I think "Wow! Good thing he dropped us off, or that could have been a hassle!". When it is time to leave, Lance says "I'll go get the car" and the same thing happens in reverse.
So this weekend we were going to eat at a new restaurant in our town (That is right! There is a new restaurant and it is GOOD!). I was so exhausted at the thought of going through the whole routine that I said, "Hey, how about you get the girls and I'll park the car". Lance said, "Really?", as if, "Do you think you can handle it?". So I parked the car. And guess what? Contrary to what I have been led to believe all this time, it is NOT hard AT ALL to park a car and walk into a building by yourself. In fact, it was quite pleasant. I was practically skipping by the time I got to the restaurant. And you better believe that when dinner was over, I leapt out of my chair and said "I'll go get the car"!!!!
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment