Friday, February 22, 2008

"I Go Poo-Poo in the Potty"

Let's be clear - Darcy is NOT interested in being potty trained. I'm not in a huge hurry, but we try to at least encourage her to sit on the potty when she is already naked, like before bath time.

So last week, Darcy sat on the potty in her diaper, said "I go poo-poo in the potty" and started going in her diaper. Seeing an opportunity, I quickly rushed over, took her diaper off and she did, in fact, go in the potty!!! Lance, Gwen and I all cheered for her and she stood up kind of proud of herself.

Then it became clear that up until this point "poo poo" existed to Darcy only in theory. She looked back at the potty, saw the poo poo, and practically jumped out of her skin. She gave it a look like, "What the #@*@ is that???" and quickly slammed the lid shut. I showed her how we flushed the poo poo out and she looked very relieved.

I think we've actually made reverse progress with that first experience. The next day, and everyday since, Darcy runs into the bathroom, lifts the lid a tiny bit, gives a very relieved announcement of "No Poo Poo In There!" and slams the lid shut.

1 comment:

  1. That takes me back many years and be thankful for disposables not heard of in my days of potty training!:)

    ReplyDelete