
My baby girl just had her 3rd birthday on Sunday. It is so hard to believe how big these kiddos are getting! Perhaps the only one more excited than Lance and me was Gwen. She helped shop, wrap, bake the cake, plan the party, etc. We woke on Darcy's birthday to Gwen yelling from upstairs: "MOM! I was awake and Darcy was awake and I told her it was her birthday today and she was 3 and she said 'excellent'!".
We had a "Littlest Pet Shop" themed birthday party for her, complete with my annual "labor of love" birthday cake. I was pretty excited this year - it didn't turn out too bad! I discovered a new secret for anyone wondering how to get smooth icing. You microwave it first and then just kind of pour it on. I even made a pond for the littlest pet shop frog using melted icing. I might be the last one on earth to discover this, but I think its a game-changer for birthday cake making.

Pin the tail on the "littlest pet shop" monkey

Darcy had a great day and really enjoyed her party. Also, along with turning 3 comes getting to start preschool, which she just did today. I'll post pics of that soon. My little baby is getting so big!!
Darcy playing - this was more a shot of our firewood. Think we have enough?

No comments:
Post a Comment