Friday, October 10, 2008

Please Read This Book!


I would encourage everyone in the country to read this book before election day.

This is one of those books that might fundamentally change how you look at our country and our government. Which is unfortunate, because sometimes its nice to be totally ignorant. When I watched the Oprah episode about the Invisible Children in Uganda, she said "Now that you know about this, you can't pretend you don't", and this book had a similar effect on me. I won't get into the details, other than to say that the author used to work for a company indirectly run by the government and it describes the incredible lengths that our country, especially when run by people on the board of Haliburton, etc., will go to in the name of 'national defense' or whatever, but really for oil. I would really encourage everyone to read it, and pass it along to your friends! If you want my copy, email me and I will send it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment