Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Birds and the Bees

Yesterday I was changing Beckett's diaper and Darcy was sitting next to me watching. All the sudden, she started laughing and said, "Beckett has a TAIL!" I said, "What?" and she replied "In the front, Beckett has a tail in the front!". She thought that was mighty funny and we did too!

Also,

Gwen has been interested in Easter eggs lately and why baby chicks don't hatch out of them, and if we are eating baby chicks when we eat eggs, etc. I told her that the eggs we eat haven't been fertilized yet so they aren't really baby chicks yet. She wanted to know if the farmers fertilized the eggs and I said, no, other chickens do. Trying to change the subject (because once Gwen gets started she asks a MILLION questions), I said, "You know how flowers get fertilized right?" and she started talking about bees and pollen on their feet. Then she asks me, "When you had an egg in your belly did it have to get fertilized?". Yes. "How?" It's hard to explain, but Daddies fertilize the eggs. "Did he put pollen on his feet and walk on your belly?". Not exactly, but close enough! Good job Gwen!

1 comment: