In the past 3 years we have:
moved to Arkansas for 11 months
moved to the Inn at Silvercreek for 3 months
moved to our house in the mountains for 17 months
moved to a condo in Denver for 1 month
moved into our new house (3 weeks and counting)
I AM SO DONE WITH MOVING!!!!
The kids (and myself) were doing so well for the first few weeks in the new house, but all the sudden they are starting to show signs of stress. Darcy and Gwen have both started crying when we drop them at preschool. Darcy keeps asking if we are going to our new house, our old house, or our apartment. Gwen won't let go of me - she cries for me all day at preschool, wants to sleep with me at night and basically won't leave my side. Last night she started asking me when I was going to die, and telling me that she'll be mad if she doesn't die at the same time as me and she hopes I don't die until I'm 105, etc. etc. etc. Those conversations are so heart-wrenching and emotionally draining. Personally, I am in that in-between stage where I feel disconnected from my old friends, but haven't made any new friends. I know we will make friends, but it takes time. They say it takes 18 months - 2 years to feel part of a new community. We've just done it twice and moved as soon as we were establishing some good friends, so I'm hoping we stay here long enough to reap some of the benefits of our hard work!
Anyway, enough whining, things will be good soon - I'm just tired of living the life of a nomad!
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
Hang in there Laura! We miss you guys. Do you have any trips to Cincinnati planned?
ReplyDeleteGwen, it will get better! The girls will adjust and you'll make tons of new friends. Love, Tara
ReplyDeleteOh Laura! I am glad to hear you vent some of the frustration - it is not possible to manage all the chaos of 5 homes in 3 years without some ill effects. It will all definitely work out in time. At least the girls are expressing something instead of internalizing it - better out than in! We are thinking of coming out to visit in August - we would stay with our cousins in Denver but would love to spend some time with you guys. Remember that all of us who love you are just a phone call away. I always find the song 100 years by Five for Fighting is a nice recharging, empathetic song when times are hard. I will pray for you tonight - stay strong - you are always going to be our most courageous book club member!
ReplyDelete