Beckett got to participate in some of Darcy's dance classes, so he was really hoping to do the recital. I told him in the car that he looked handsome and he said "Mommy, since I look handsome can I PLEASE dance on the stage?" I told him no and he cried, "But I'm haaaaandsoooooome!!!!!"

I had watched Darcy at her last rehearsal and she did not do a SINGLE move. She stood there and sang the song and did not even point a toe. So my expectations were not high. But that little girl danced her heart out! She was generally a few moves behind the rest of the group, and some she skipped altogether, but she was darn cute and I swear I'm not the only one who thought so.



Gwen has these super long limbs and sometimes she has trouble figuring out what to do with them, but I was impressed with her gracefulness and (at times) her rhythm! She looked so grown up and I just loved to see her bursting with excitement.




Most importantly, they both had a wonderful experience - they were so proud of themselves and Lance and I were so proud of them both. Actually, Beckett was pretty proud too. When he spotted Darcy he yelled "HI Darcy!" and then got offended that Darcy did not respond. He clapped and cheered for them both. He had a huge smile on his face the whole night which was only partially due to the bag of M&Ms we bought him to keep him busy during the show.
I told the girls as I put them to bed that there are many many things that make me feel lucky to be a mom, but dance recitals are definitely one of the big ones : )
oh, i sure do know how you feel! we had brooke's recital yesterday. i told her it is one of my favorite days of the whole year. your girls are getting so big and looking so beautiful!!
ReplyDelete