Sunday, July 17, 2011

Came Back Early...

But it actually wasn't too bad. The wind blew our tent in and broke some of the poles, so we couldn't sleep there a second night, but it was still a great trip overall! Even though it was overwhelming at times, I had a good time hanging out with the kids. Darcy and Beckett got LOTS of piggy back rides from the 11 adults that were there, which was a big help since I only have one back!

Saw the cool gold mining towns of Cripple Creek and Victor. They used to be considered ghost towns until they legalized gambling and now they are casino/tourist attractions (although still very small and isolated). I wish I had some pictures of the towns b/c they were incredibly cool to see - like stepping back in time.

Here is a picture of our campground. All of our tents are on the hill in the distance. We had the whole area to ourselves, which was great.

And here is our tent when the wind blew it in. SOOO glad it didn't happen in the middle of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment