Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Anthem Sprint Triathlon - Checked off the "to do" list!



I just finished my first of two triathlons this summer! This one had a pool swim, which was a good warm up for the IronGirl in August that has an open water swim (ahh, scary!). Unlike some races where I kind of wing it, my friend Katie and I really trained hard for this one - 5 mornings per week and we rarely missed. Although I didn't do great placement wise, I knocked quite a bit off my time from 2 years ago, and kicked butt on the bike which had really big hills. It was pretty fun to pass a bunch of people on the uphill! Definitely not something I am used to doing : ) I'm unofficially creating a new division called "30 somethings who have to complete all training at 5:15am so their husband can go to work, they can chase 3 kids all day and try to run their own business in their spare time". Among THAT group, I would have placed pretty well I bet. My friend Katie (in the pic) might be able to trump me though, as she has FIVE kids and manages like it is nothing! She is a rock star! I'll post my times later for my own records (checking my blog from two summers ago was the only way I was able to tell that I improved my times!). Next stop, IronGirl 2011 in Boulder!!!

2 comments: