Until this point, Darcy has been my innocent little baby, too young to openly defy her mother. Not that she hasn't thrown tantrums, but she hadn't yet disobeyed me and laughed about it. Now Gwen is a pretty well-behaved girl as far as preschool kids go, but she does throw in the occassional sarcasm (like when she mumbled and I told her to speak English, and she responded with a sassy "HOLA!") or the innocent question that embarassess you ("Why is your tooshie so big?"), etc.
Anyway, last night we were driving home from dinner and Gwen was falling asleep. Darcy was being her normal crazy night-self (she is a total night owl) and I looked back and said, "Shhhhhh" and went back to talking to lance. A few seconds later it registered that Darcy was still yelling. I listened and realized that she was cracking herself up, yelling loudly "I NOT being quiet! I NOT being quiet!" over and over.
At least I still have a good year or two with baby #3 to look forward to...
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment