Sunday, May 18, 2008

6 Degrees of Separation: How My Sister is Responsible for Darcy's Swearing

1. My sister, Christy, works at Procter & Gamble in Cincinnati
2. She works in Finance, on Diapers, and she is responsible for cost-savings initiatives on the diaper category
3. One of their initiatives was to use a smaller amount of glue on the tabs of Luvs diapers
4. I buy Luvs diapers for Darcy
5. Yesterday, I walked all the way upstairs and brought down 1 diaper for Darcy. When I went to change her diaper, the tab flew off in my hand, causing me to mutter "Oh, damn it"
6. All day, Darcy has been running around the house yelling "Damn it, Damn it, Damn it, Damn it!!"

As you can see, this is obviously my sister's fault.

The scene continued to unfold like this:
Me: Oh Damn it
Darcy: Damn it, Damn it, Damn it!!
Me: Darcy, that's enough
Darcy: I sayin' Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!
Gwen: MOM!! Darcy is saying Damn it! That's a mean word! Darcy, stop saying Damn it!
Darcy: Damn it! Damn it!
Me: Gwen, stop saying it, you're making it worse.
Gwen: MOM! I'M not saying Damn it, DARCY is saying Damn it!
Me: Gwen, you keep saying it!
Darcy: Damn it, Damn it, Damn it!
Gwen: How about we tell Darcy to say BAM IT instead?
Me: Good idea! Darcy, say Bam it!
Darcy: Damn it! Damn it!
Me and Gwen: Bam it Bam it Bam it
Darcy: Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!

Thanks a lot, Christy! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment