
This is one of those posts that is more for my benefit so I can look back... Darcy just turned 2 and 1/2 and I wanted to capture some of the things she's been doing lately that have us cracking up.
(You probably need to know Darcy Code to understand this post: Y = L. So for example, You = Lou when Darcy says it)
- She is completely obsessed with any type of doll/stuffed animal, etc. She got a PEZ dispenser of a sheep for easter and carried it around non-stop for 2 days (sleeping with it, putting real diapers on it, getting it sippy cups of water, etc.). Every few days her object of obsession changes. Lately it has been Polly Pockets, but tomorrow it might be Tinkerbell. She talks to her babies nonstop and the conversations go something like this (I'm putting in punctuation for the sake of reading, but Darcy talks in one continuous sentence): "Ooh Polly Pocket, that's a big poo poo. Let's get lou a new diaper Polly Pocket. Wipe Wipe Wipe, now you are all clean Polly Pocket. Polly Pocket going skiing, good job Polly Pocket. Ski Ski Ski, Polly Pocket on the magic carpet, Polly Pocket fall down. Are lou thirsty Polly Pocket? Let's get lou a drink Polly Pocket. You go night night now Polly Pocket, La la la (singing her a song). I have to leave now Polly Pocket. Don't wolly (worry), I see you in the morning Polly Pocket.." You get the idea.
- The other day Darcy lifted up her shirt and asked, "Are lou hungry Beckett? Do you want some milk? Do you want some Lem-o-lade (lemonade) from my nipples Beckett?"
- Darcy marches to her own beat and it sometimes seems like she doesn't understand us very well. The other night we were cleaning up and made the girls help. Darcy half-heartedly sang the clean up song and then went about her business ignoring us. She went into this tent that we had set up in our living room and we hear her making up a song, so we started to listen. All the sudden we hear from the tent, "La la la, I NOT cleaning up my toys". It appears little Darcy understands more than we give her credit for. Another made up song we've overheard is: "La la la. This is MY book. Gennie neber eber take it from me."
- When we all had the flu we watched The Bee Movie (the one with Jerry Seinfeld as the bee) about 100 times. Darcy somehow picked up the quote "Oh Lah (yah), Let's shake it up a little!". Now the whole family walks around saying "Oh Lah!"
We love you Darcy!
I LOVE your stories. Keep them coming!
ReplyDelete