Not to be outdone by Gwen, Lance also completed his 1/2 Iron Man last week. 1.2 mile swim/56 mile bike/13 mile run - ugh!!!
He did awesome! 5 years ago (pre-gwen) he ran the same race in Columbus, OH with our friend Randall in 5:56. This time he ran it, with 3 kids (not that the kids came out of his body like they did MINE, but still) and at altitude in 5:24. Not too shabby!
I was sitting a little bit before the finish with all the kids just in case he wanted to carry the kids across the finish (he did not - he said he was barely carrying himself across the finish!). Anyway, the plan was to watch him pass by and then run to the finish and meet up with him, hopefully watching him cross. I accidentally left the video camera running in my mad dash for the finish. We watched the video and it was hilarious (too long to post). Basically, I had Beckett in one arm and was holding Darcy horizontally in the other arm with her head in the front while I was running. In the video you see Lance pass and hear me say "Woo Hoo!! OK lets GO!!" and try to herd the kids. Then you see a scuffle and suddenly you can see Darcy's hat bobbing up and down in the corner of the screen as I hold her and run. Then you hear me yelling to Gwen "JUST RUN!" and then a few seconds later I yell again, "I DON'T CARE, JUST RUN!!". It is pretty funny.
So anyway, WAY TO GO LANCE, and now you are done starring in my blog for a while : )
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment