I'm not really into Thankless jobs. I really prefer jobs where I get lots of recognition, promotions, praise and enough money that I don't have to keep track of it on the back of an envelope. Being a mom is one of those thankless jobs. Today Darcy said thank you for something and Gwen asked why. I said something about it being nice to thank people when they help you. Gwen replied, "Well, you don't really ever help people. You just clean stuff."
The other thing I am currently hating about staying home is never, EVER getting to be alone. E-V-E-R. And not only am I not alone (ever), but I am constantly being touched, pulled at, sucked on, talked at, screamed at, etc. To someone like me, who values some good old fashioned "me time", this is sometimes TOO MUCH. I am completely over-stimulated. I remember when I went back to work after having Darcy. I called lance one day from my office and said, "Guess what? I'm sitting in my office by myself, and no one is touching me!". In a normal city, there are places to go if you just need to escape. For example, you can go to the bookstore, go get a coffee, go to panera and read a book by the fireplace, go to Target and shop for things you don't need, etc. Up here, the only thing opened past 3pm is the grocery store, and grocery shopping is not fun, or relaxing. All I need is a high paying job where I get to sit in an office and surf the internet by myself. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!?!?!?!
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment