When I just had Gwen, I must admit that I was concerned about the whole Milestone thing... When they happened, if we were ahead or behind, etc. Having Darcy has really taught me to take a step back, relax and just celebrate life when it happens. And it has been happening for sure!
In the past 2 days, Gwen has learned to ride her 2-wheeler without training wheels. Hooray! We kept telling her it would just click, and all the sudden it did! We only have a very small paved area in front of our house (recall, the dirt roads : ) so she just keeps riding around and around and around!
My baby Darcy is also growing up. For one thing, she just started answering questions which has been exciting and funny. For almost 3 years my questions have been met with silence. I am so used to talking to myself that is suprises me every time she answers! We went to a meeting at church the other day and people kept asking her questions and she kept answering!
"Darcy, how are you doing today?", "Good."; "Darcy what color are your sunglasses?", "Blue", "And what is your favorite color?", "Pink" (which is hilarious b/c she doesn't know her colors, she just knows what words are color words, so her sunglasses are not blue and she doesn't really know pink); "Darcy, how old are you?", "Six" (again, she knows number words, so she just throws out whatever number she feels like!). I am very proud of my little sweetie b/c answering questions is a big cognitive development and we are thrilled!
One more milestone for Darcy, she is now pacifier-less! This girl has never slept without her "B" and the other night she couldn't find it. I said "Darcy, do you think you can go to sleep without your B tonight?", not really expecting an answer, and she replied "Yeah". So I left the room, expecting the screams to start any minute and she just went to bed! It has been 3 nights now and she hasn't mentioned it since! Its funny how often I have stressed out about taking her B away, only to have it be totally simple and painless. GO Darcy!
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
I hate to admit it, but we are totally milestone parents with Tom. We are counting the days until he walks on his own. I never thought I would take such pride in a tooth coming in? CRAZY. I guess it is like that for all first time parents.
ReplyDelete