GWEN is competing in her very first Triathlon on Saturday! She is quite the contender in the "4 and Under" division : ) Her big race consists of a 25m swim in the Boulder Reservoir (but she can touch the whole time), followed by a 0.3 mile bike and a 0.1 mile run. It should be hilarious. Gwen is taking the whole thing very seriously. One morning at breakfast she was staring off into space. I asked her what she was thinking about and she said, "My race. I really need to practice, like, 100 times before August. Do you think I can wear your bracelet for the race that tells you how far you go and how fast you go?". I was cracking up. Then on the way to preschool one day, she blurted out "MOM! EVERY MINUTE that goes by it gets closer to my race!".
We had to register her online and yesterday she got a big packet in the mail with her official USA Triathlon Youth Membership. How funny is that? Complete with a "Live Strong" type bracelet that says "USA Triathlon. Swim.Bike.Run". We will definitely have photos to share next week! Wish her luck! (oh, and maybe lance too since he is doing a piddly little 1/2 Iron Man on Sunday).

And again about Gwen, she drew this picture yesterday and I just thought it was so cute I had to post it. It is a house with hearts that she drew for everyone in the family. The green thing is a dog. The box on the right side with a person sticking out is a HOT TUB! I thought that was so cute.

And one last thing for now... My dad LOVES hummingbirds and he religiously fills his feeder and watches for the 1 or 2 hummingbirds he gets. The highlight of his hummingbird watching was when one got stuck in our garage and tired itself out. My dad held it in his hand and spoon fed it sugar water. He was in heaven! Anyway, my dad saw a hummingbird in our yard and so he quickly went out and bought us a hummingbird feeder. Within minutes we had about 7 hummingbirds swarming the feeder. Even 2 or 3 different varieties (my dad is probably, as we speak, looking them up to confirm for me). The hum so loud they wake us up in the morning! I snapped these pictures this morning for him...

No comments:
Post a Comment