Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lots of FIRSTS!!

This has been a big week!

Most importantly, the first day of KINDERGARTEN was yesterday!!!! Gwen has been so excited to start school. Our school has optional full-day, but we decided to stick with 1/2 day this year. I figure she'll be gone enough starting next year, so I'm excited to still have mornings with her.

Gwen woke up and took a bath, then she got herself all ready, did her hair, brushed her teeth, etc. The whole time I heard her muttering to herself, "This is so exciting" and "I am a little nervous". So cute!
Here she is in front of the school:
And in the lobby waiting for her teacher to come get the class!


Darcy also had her first day of preschool today. She went to this preschool last spring, but it was still a big day! All morning we practiced saying "Hi, I'm Darcy. What's your name?" and she actually got to use her intro as soon as we got there with one of the new girls!


Not to be outdone, Beckett got his FIRST HAIRCUT! He had the greatest curls in the back, but they were starting to get really shaggy, so we finally gave in and got them cut off. It broke my heart : ( Luckily, we still think he is cute!




Finally, I swam my FIRST MILE this morning! I started at 10 laps right after having Beckett and finally built up to 36!!! It took me 50 minutes, but that's ok, I'm still pretty excited.

WOW! Quite a week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment