Saturday, March 6, 2010

But I Used to be "Somebody"!!

As you know, Gwen is always asking complicated questions. Sometimes I know the answers, sometimes I don't, and sometimes I know that an answer will lead to more questions, which has been known to get annoying, so I say "ask your dad" to get her off my back.

The other day she was asking if the number of boys and girls born in the world is 50/50 or if there are more boys or girls. Now, I was a biology major for a while in college and it is still my passion (more than market research? believe it or not, yes). I seemed to remember that there were more boys than girls because girls have a greater chance of making it to adulthood since they are hardier (I will refrain from comment here). I tried to explain this to Gwen. Gwen responded:

Well, I asked my teacher and she said she thought there were more girls born than boys. And I believe my teacher because teachers are smarter than "just ladies".

This is what my three years at home have reduced me to.

But, FOR THE RECORD, I looked it up and I am totally right. Don't mess with the "just lady"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment