* Beckett and I went grocery shopping for Thanksgiving the other day. While we were at the store, I mentioned going to get the turkey next and Beckett got really wide eyed. He was scared to go near the turkeys and kept asking: Are the turkeys dead? Can dead turkeys still gobble? Can dead turkeys move? Do dead turkeys have feathers? Can dead turkeys get out of that bag? Can dead turkeys get out of our refrigerator? I swear that kid is going to have nightmares about giant turkeys crawling out of our fridge and coming to eat HIM for Thanksgiving!
* Along similar lines, BEFORE the dead turkey questions, we were standing in front of the pantry trying to figure out what to have for dinner one night. Beckett said, out of the blue "Can we just have Thanksgiving food for dinner tonight? Like, can we just go to the store right now and buy a CHICKEN?"
* Darcy must have heard at school that everyone's brain works differently. We were talking about good and bad behavior one day and I mentioned that she needs a little more practice not yelling when she is frustrated. Darcy replied, "Everyone's brain works different, Mommy. My brain works by yelling at everyone I guess!"
* I don't know how Beckett got Thanksgiving and Mother's Day confused, but he keeps talking about how on Thanksgiving I am going to go get in bed, and they will cook the dead turkey and make all the food, and put the dead turkey on the plates, and pour everyone a drink, and call me down and yell "Surprise!!!" He is so excited about it. It is really adorable : )
* Lance and the kids were making cupcakes yesterday. Darcy got so excited and exclaimed "These cupcakes are Testifyin'!" Not sure where she even heard the word "Testifyin'" and not sure why she thinks it is an adjective! But we figured out that she thinks it means they look great. So all day she and Beckett kept talking about their "testifyin" cupcakes! They sounded like little bitty preachers!
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment