None of our kids are super into pop culture... and you would be surprised at how much some kids are into pop culture, even in kindergarten. Given that, I always find it funny when it suddenly becomes clear that they know more than I think...
Beckett: Can I listen to Taylor "Fift" tonight?
Me, surprised he knew Taylor "Fift's" name: Uh, sure. Let me go get the CD from Darcy's room.
Beckett: What will Darcy listen to then, Jack Johnson?
Lance, putting on Taylor Swift for Darcy...
Darcy: No Daddy, I don't want THAT song! I want to listen to Taylor Fift's MOST FAMOUS song! (we had no idea which one she was referring to until we got to "You Belong With Me" and she said, Yes! That one!)
Gwen and I, just walking home from school the other day...
Gwen: Maddie and I made up a song about how Justin Bieber sings like a girl at recess today.
Me: Oh
Gwen: If I was Selena Gomez, I would totally break up with Justin Bieber.
(I was like WHAT?!? I didn't know she even knew who Selena Gomez was, much less that she was dating Justin Bieber! I found that hilarious!)
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment