Thursday, November 3, 2011

Beckett at 3 and 1/2


Beckett turned 3.5 this month and I just can't believe how quickly my little baby boy is growing up!  He is still fun loving and enthusiastic as ever, but he's developed a bit of compassion and maybe a conscious this year, which has been super adorable to watch.

He will share ANYTHING at any time, especially if one of his sisters is upset.  Each day, Beckett comes out of preschool holding something that he made.  Each day, Darcy asks "Did you make that for me Beckett?".  It could be a fruit loop necklace that he is so excited about and in the process of eating while he is wearing it.  Darcy will ask "Did you make that for me Beckett?" and Beckett will respond "Uh... Yes!  Here you go Darcy!" and yank it right off of his own neck to hand to Darcy.  If they are fighting over a toy and I intervene in Beckett's favor, Darcy will usually start crying.  Beckett will immediately say "Uh... (all of his sentences start with "Uh...") Actually, I don't want this toy.  You can have it Darcy."  It is so cute!

The kid is so darn excited about everything!  He must say 10 times a day "This is so exciting!" "I've never done this before!"  "I can't believe we are going to the grocery store!  What a great idea!"  "It sure is a beautiful day to go to the park!" "I haven't done this since I was two!  I'm so happy!", and on and on and on.  

He sings the song "Firework" with quite a lot of enthusiasm and dance moves that go along with it, including a grand finale move that looks like a forward lunge.  Our friends always ask him to sing it and at first he always acts shy, but secretly I think he just wants us to beg b/c he quickly does an exaggerated "OK, I'll do it" and then busts out in song.

He says about 50 cute things a day that I don't want to forget, but I always forget them.  Just today, to capture a moment in time, he said:  "No real things can fly Darcy.  Except witches.  And Batman when he has his cape.".  He's started pointing to toys that he wants for Christmas.  My standard reply is "Well, put it on your list" and he has started asking Santa out loud "Santa, can I have this toy for Christmas?" and then he'll answer himself in a really deep Santa voice "Yes Beckett".  Then he'll get as excited as if Santa had really answered him "MOM!  Santa said yes I can have it!".  It is too funny.

Anyway, we love you B.  You are another super-huge and wonderful addition to our family and we are so glad to have been blessed with a little boy like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment