Monday, August 20, 2007

Another Math Nerd in the Making???

So Lance is a typical finance guy who loves numbers. He can do all sorts of crazy math in his head that I could only dream about. No amount of flash cards by my loving parents could make me able to do subtraction in my head.

Anyway, Gwen seems to be following in Lance's footsteps as far as her love of numbers. She has to quantify everything. She has had so many examples lately that have made me laugh, that I had to get some of them down. Here are a few quotes from my 3 1/2 year old...

"Oh no, I just spilled about 13 drops of water on my shirt."

"Mama, I think I'll be ready to get up from quiet time in 49 minutes."

"My booboo hurt today for 3 minutes. Actually, a little more than 3 minutes, like to the edge of 4 minutes, but not quite 4 minutes."

And my personal favorite... "I think Darcy will be 3 years old in as many days as there are deer in Kansas." (after we hit the deer in Kansas she had a lot of questions about the number of deer in Kansas vs. other states, etc. So the number of deer in Kansas is kind of what Gwen uses as her measure for A LOT)

Then yesterday we were playing a game and there were 6 cards that you distribute among the players. It was just the two of us so she passed the cards out 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3. Then she said "There are 6 cards because 3+3 is 6. Can you play this game with 3 players? Because then everyone would only get 2 cards". I think if you had asked her that question, she probably would have gotten it wrong, but without thinking she just knew the numbers. I'm afraid Gwen might be out-mathing me before too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment