Friday, August 31, 2007

Exodus

So we've admitted defeat as far as the 1-bedroom living goes. It is not cozy. It is absolute HELL. I'm sick of having our crap everywhere, I'm sick of pulling our bed out of the wall and basically sleeping in the kitchen, I'm sick I'm sick I'm sick I'm sick I'm sick of it. So while lance's parents are out of town, we are staying at their house. A real live house with bedrooms! I can't wait.

I thought I'd start getting our stuff ready to load the car. I made the mistake of mentioning it to Gwen.

Gwen: Immediately digging into her drawers and throwing her stuff, cartoon style, over her shoulder (literally, I am not exaggerating here). "Mom, we are staying there 7 + 7 days, what is 7+ 7?"
Me: 14, but we don't really need to pack 14 days worth of clothes
Gwen: frantically tossing, "1...2....3...."
Me: Gwen, we're bringing our laundry so we only need a few things
Gwen: "7...8...9..."
Me: Gwen, we can come back anytime we want, so we don't need much"
Gwen: "And a belt, just in case"..."And another belt, just in case"
Me: giving up and sitting on Gwen's chair, lifeless
Gwen: having made a huge pile on her floor, moves onto the closet
Me: sigh
Gwen: "And I need this easter dress, just in case we need to dress up"
Me: Gwen, we aren't going to dress up, I promise
Gwen: "And this winter sweater, and these fleece pants, and a vest, just in case it gets cold"
me: Gwen, it is not going to turn into winter while we are there, I promise
Gwen, exasperated with me now: "Mom, we need these in case it gets cold for RE-AL!!!!!" (with 2 syllables)
me: leaves the room, completely giving up
Gwen: enters the room, "MOM. DON'T WORRY. I am not really packing all of these things. I am getting them all out so I can look at ALL of them and choose which ones I want to bring."

Great...

No comments:

Post a Comment