Make that 1,529 now that the FitzSimmons' have arrived on the scene!
Here are a few observations from a newcomer:
- HA! Turns out all the roads are DIRT! Apparently when there is 2 feet of snow in the winter, you don't realize that the roads beneath you are, in fact, dirt. Only the main road is paved.
- There is ONE stoplight! Yes, that's right, we are in a 1-light town! People refer to everything as "in town, before the light" or "in town, right past the light" etc.
- There are about 3 restaurants in town. Our local Mexican Restaurant is also the local Pizza Place and the local Hamburger Joint. Basically, it is a concession stand attached to a tattoo parlor. They sell all the typical concession stand food, but since the owners are Hispanic, they also sell burritos.
- We saw a BEAR driving home the other night. A real life, not-in-a-cage bear, just crossing the street.
Now before you go thinking that the FitzSimmons' have made a big mistake, I should clarify that our town, Granby, is on Highway 40, and is one along a line of several towns, each with stoplights & restaurants. In fact, I believe Winter Park has several stoplights. So, we are not relegated to our mexican/pizza/burger stand for all meals. There are plenty of cute towns and restaurants within 20 minutes of us. And the most beautiful sunsets you have ever seen...
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
Laura,
ReplyDeleteHello! I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your blog(you're my first blog friend:)). Your adventure to Colorado was hilarious (I'm sure not as funny to you during the time). I lol reading it. I'm so glad you're there safe and sound. Sounds like it is an adventure and a wonderful one. I'm jealous that you guys are living your dream. It's really awesome and inspiring to those of us who get caught up in the same routine. We miss you very much and would love to come visit some time. Please stay in touch and tell the girls and Lance I said Hi. We're good, no new news here. Starting a new position in MS&S with the reorganization. We'll see. I sent you some new pictures of the kids last week. They're good but Lauren has started dropping the Fbomb in the last two weeks. Lovely, I know. At least she uses it like an adjective and not in a mean way. I wonder where she got that?! Take Care and I'll talk with you soon.