Thursday, August 23, 2007

The "Honest Moms"

I love all my mom friends, but I have two friends in particular that I have known my whole life practically (Kelly since the first day of HS and Erika since the first day of college) and they are my "honest mom" friends. I think we all probably try to keep up appearances to an extent, but with these girls, it is all laid out on the table. Practically all of our conversations start with... "Oh my gosh, I am a horrible mom, listen to what I just did" or "I am so embarassed. Listen to what my kid just did in public.", or whatever.

For example, when I totally lost it and almost started crying b/c Gwen stole my smoothie and wouldn't give it back (and then took a sip right in front of me and yelled "YUM!!!" - I was driving by the way, which is why I was at her mercy) Kelly and Erika were the only ones I confessed to.

Anyway, I just got an email from Kelly and she wrote the best line ever...

"All I know is I'm trying my damnest and can't believe that
stupid and ignorant people can pull this child-raising thing off when some
days I'm barely keeping it together."

Now all you moms out there, tell me that doesn't make you feel better : )

No comments:

Post a Comment