Monday, March 17, 2008

Damn Rush Hour Traffic



We have a herd of about 100 deer living right in our neighborhood for the winter. Apparently, they come down from the forest at the top of our mountain during the winter b/c the snow is not as deep. They are so tame, they just walk down the roads. Our neighborhood is right off the road leading to SolVista Ski Basin, so there are tourists driving by taking pictures of the deer all the time. I have been wanting to get a picture of them all winter, and finally had my camera in the car at the right moment! Having hit a deer on the drive to CO from Fayetteville, I am terrified whenever I try to pass them on the road. So most of the time I just drive very slowly behind them and wait for them to move along. They can't be bothered, so they just keep me waiting while they saunter down the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment