Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sometimes, you take what you can get

I admit that I am a person who loves positive reinforcement (or, let's be truthful - praise). Being a stay-at-home mother of three, I sometimes miss having a boss that can tell me what a good job I'm doing. Lance has gotten some great recognition at his new job recently and I found myself very jealous! But anyway, I should have known that all three kids would pull through for me:

- At breakfast today I handed Beckett his food and he said (unprompted) "Thank You!", which really sounded like Tattoo, but it was so cute and nice to hear!

- Darcy has started telling me GOOD JOB about 100 times a day... GOOD JOB stirring my oatmeal Mommy! You put my shoes on for me - GOOD JOB! Ooo, you put the lid all the way on my sippy cup, GOOD JOB! GOOD JOB reading that book Mommy - you are a good reader!

- Gwen loves me. For some reason she also thinks that I could get my feelings hurt easily. We have a weekly ritual where we watch So You Think You Can Dance (if you do not watch that show, DVR it immediately! It is so good!). Anyway, we watch it as a family and then after each routine we put it on pause and every family member takes a turn doing their best rendition of the dance. Gwen decides who wins between Lance and I. As you might guess, Lance's are always the best - full of drama, props, funny faces, tooshie shaking, etc. Lance can do an elaborate, 5 minutes dance and I could stand up there and tap my toes. When we ask who wins, Gwen is 100% guaranteed to say "Mommy" without a second thought. I don't know why, but I find it so touching that she does that. Lance finds it infuriating, but that just makes the victory that much sweeter!

No comments:

Post a Comment