Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lost in translation...

I was just putting Darcy and Gwen to bed and Darcy asked me to sing her a song that goes "Samma to meechu say". At first I thought she just made it up, so I started singing along, but then it became clear that she was getting frustrated. Gwen and I both kept trying different versions of Samma to meechu say and she would freak out each time and yell, "NO, NOT Samma to meechu say - SAMMA TO MEECHU SAY!!!". To no avail, Gwen and I were clueless. Darcy kept singing it for us and then finally she said it with exactly the right beat and I got it... I started singing the John Mayer song, "Say what you need to say" and Darcy started laughing and her face just lit up. I love it when we're able to crack the code!

No comments:

Post a Comment