My kids are part of a gang. At least when Lance is in charge of bedtime stories they are! Lance started this in our old house, but I kept forgetting to post about it and then it kind of fizzled away and we forgot about it. But now it is back and I want to make sure I don't forget again!
Each night when Lance puts the kids to bed, he tells them about a gang of kids called the Bad Guy Dudes, or the BGDs for short (Beckett, Gwen, Darcy). There is the leader, Gwenner the FIVER, who earned her name by being FIVE TIMES BADDER than any other kid. Darcy, at 3 years old, is Darcer the THREE-ER and Beckett, the littlest, is Beckett the ONE-ER.
The Bad Guy Dudes ride motorcycles and wreak havoc wherever they go. For example, if we go to the library during the day, you can bet the Bad Guy Dudes ride their motorcycles right through the library that night and do NOT use their inside voices! Back to school night? The Bad Guy Dudes have been known to sneak into the school and hide all the teacher's school supplies! They've also let all the animals out of their cages at the zoo, crashed a wedding or two, etc. Lance tells these stories and Gwen and Darcy just crack up!!! Occasionally, they'll make me try to tell a BGD story, but I am not nearly as creative. The cute part is that when Lance tells them, Gwen just laughs and laughs. When I tell one, Gwen is constantly reassuring me, "But I would never REALLY do that Mama." So cute.
Lance, you are one great story-teller!!
We Are the Champions!
11 years ago
I have not been been on your blog recently and I paid the price. The joy your stories bring me is priceless and I miss them! I love the BGDs and might incorporate this into my own family in some way but somehow I don't think it will ever be as cool. I am SO excited for all of Darcy's accomplishments and want to remind you how amazing of a mother you are. Your kids are so lucky and your commitment to their success and joy is inspiring and intimidating. Seriously - you definitely get the best mom ever award in my book. I'll let you know if there is another contender ever trying to boot you from your spot but no one has even come close yet. : )
ReplyDelete